Medical Marijuana: The Journey, the Benefits, and the Challenges to the Medical Profession
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
2:00pm – 3:30pm EST
Alexander J. Baker, Esq., Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP, Chicago, IL
Clare Bello Ogden, Senior Vice President, CCMSI, VCM Division Leader, Danville, IL
Lori Semlies, Esq., Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP, White Plains, NY
Topics to be Discussed:
- History and Treatment of Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug
- How Federal Government under Obama and Trump have treated States’ legalization of medical/recreational marijuana
- Current status of legalization throughout the country and what we may see going forward
- Standard of care for medicinal cannabis? Does it exist?
- Things providers should be wary of in certifying and monitoring patients using medicinal cannabis
- What will medical marijuana medical malpractice claims potentially look like in terms of liability to a physician?
- Can we expect claims made for medical marijuana to be similar to the opioid claims we currently see?
- How can claims be avoided and/or defended
All in-house counsel and insurance professionals receive complimentary registration.
For more information about registration, contact For more information about registration, contact Bethany Corio.
The webinar recording is available for $59. Please contact Bethany Corio if you’d like purchase the recording.
CLE Credit: 1.5-1.8 CLE credits, depending on state requirements.
Applications are being made to all CLE states as requested by attendees. Please contact Katie Milnes with questions regarding CLE.