Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
2:00 – 3:30 PM
- CGL overview
- Defective work vs. defective product
- Insurer duty to defend
- Conflicts of interest
- Privilege and work product
- Allocation of damages
- Recovery from other policies (e.g., Property)
Claim Best Practices
- Pre-loss planning
- Assembling proper claim team
- Preparing a well-documented claim
- Communication with insurer and insurer representatives --Negotiation
Common Quantification Challenges
- Extended general conditions
- Soft costs, including interest
- Cessation of work exclusion
- Hot testing
Brad Murlick, MBA, Managing Director, Insurance Claims Accounting & Consulting, Navigant, Chicago, IL
Jim Cooper, Esq., ReedSmith, Houston, TX
Susie Ferguson, Senior Claim Consultant-Technical Claims Manager, American Contractors Insurance Group, Richardson, TX
Cost is $129 per registration. This includes unlimited listeners from one phone line. Each registration includes one CLE state per listener.
Additional CLE credits are $25 per state.
Additional phone lines are $29 each.
CLE Credit: 1.5-2.0 CLE credits, depending on state requirements.
Applications are being made to all CLE states as requested by attendees. Please contact Kelsey Minerd with questions regarding CLE: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about registration, contact Bethany Corio email@example.com